AAT ACCOUNTANCY APPRENTICE TAXSMART ACCOUNTING LTD
Trainee accountant to assist with data entry and bookkeeping up to trial balance.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
18 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to recruit a bright, ambitious, confident trainee accountant through an apprenticeship. The successful candidate will be provided with hands on training, mentoring and supervision and will be exposed to all aspects of bookkeeping and will over a period of time, to accounts preparation, payroll and other disciplines within general practice accountancy.
The successful candidate must be numerate with good IT skills and a desire to take full advantage of the training opportunity available through this role.
- Assist with the monthly process of producing Management Accounts, including journal posting and analysis of key nominal ledger accounts
- Assist with ad hoc queries from departments as required
- Assist the Finance Team and provide cover as appropriate
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpersonal skills, good IT skills, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Confident, numerate, enthusiastic and reliable
Minimum 5 GSCE’s A-C or equivalent, Maths, English & IT essential, A levels and/or BTEC Equal
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
Training to be provided
- One day a week at College and four days a week with the employer.
- Occupation: Assistant Accountant Typical Job titles
- Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accounting Technician / Accounts Clerk / Cashier / Finance Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk / Sales Ledger Clerk
- Candidates will undertake a level 2 apprenticeship standard in Accounting.
- Typically 15 to 18 months
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Carina George 01202 205461 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017