Facilities Field Officer Apprentice Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Working as part of a small team the post holder will provide high quality comprehensive assistance to the Facilities team within the limits of own skills, knowledge and qualification, in accordance with the Trusts policies, procedures, protocols.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
18 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist the Facilities Field Officer with day to day maintenance duties
- To assist with site inspections and proactively report any maintenance issues back to the helpdesk for action.
- To abide by all relevant Departmental Policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
- To assist Facilities Field Officers in statutory checks on sites as directed.
- To assist in working with external Contractors to ensure working within Service Level Agreements.
- To assist in the event of an emergency with the operation of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Assist with the updating of maintenance records as appropriate.
- Assist in statutory matters i.e. Firecode, Legionella on all sites.
- Assist the Compliance and Fire Safety Manager in achieving and maintaining optimum security measures at each site associated within the trust.
- Assist with the emergency lighting testing and maintaining of appropriate records.
- Assist with the conduction of the fire alarm systems testing and maintaining of appropriate records.
- Assist in ensuring energy efficiency targets are adhered to.
- Assist with onsite Health & Safety inspections, and report all findings appropriately to the Facilities Supervisor.
- Assist with the rectification of all identified hazards in line with the above within the post holders scope of work
- Assist with risk assessments & evaluation at all sites and report matters appropriately to the Facilities Supervisor.
- To attend and participate in meetings as directed by the Facilities Manager/Head of Facilities Management/Facilities Supervisor.
- Assist the Facilities Supervisor in the statutory management of asbestos at all sites within the Trust.
- Assist with the inspection and supervision of work carried out by contractors.
- Assist with the sourcing, collection and operation of appropriate machinery, equipment and materials.
- Assist with the completion of small works repairs i.e. concreting, brickwork, plastering electrical and plumbing,
- Assist with the maintenance of drains and water services at all sites.
- Assist with minor paint/decoration jobs where necessary.
- Assist with the completion of administrative work and report writing associated to the post.
- Assist with other duties within the general scope of the post appropriate to the grade that may be required from time to time.
- To participate in any training in accordance with the needs of the Trust.
- Assist with the completion of the annual objectives outlined within the Estates Strategy and Annual Work Plans.
Requirements and prospects
- I.T. Literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Willing to undertake further training as and when required
- Commitment to continued development
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident with a positive mature attitude
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service.
- Self-motivated – able to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of individuals and groups
- Adaptability to changing and developing processes and procedures
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Current driving license or commitment to working towards achieving one.
- Minimum grade C GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English Language or ability to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to national level 1 standard
Things to consider
All individuals have a personal obligation to adhere to current guidance on methods to reduce healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs). Post holders must be familiar with the Trust’s Infection Prevention and Control Policies
About the employer
Assisting in the day-to-day maintenance and repair of Trust buildings and services.
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Basic understanding of carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating
- Knowledge backed by assessment/portfolio
- Functional Skills (min level 1)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- City & Guilds (awarding organisation)
Property services > Property Maintenance Operative
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Kirklees College or the Training Provider you have chosen to work with. NO CONTACT should be made with the Employer at this stage. The College or the Training Provider are more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
From the 1st April 2017, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices aged 16-18, and those aged over 19 who are in the first year of their Apprenticeship, is set at £3.50per hour. The NMW applies to time working and time spent training as this is also part of the
Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age categories above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017