Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Engineer Proto Labs Ltd
At Proto Labs, we’re not only one of the fastest growing manufacturing companies in the UK, we’re also the fastest in the world at what we do — so being extraordinary is a way of life. If you are looking for an extraordinary career opportunity, you've come to the right place as we are looking for two apprentices to join our maintenance team.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
18 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The purpose of this positon is to be competent in preventative and reactive mechanical and electrical maintenance of all machines and the general maintenance of the building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The apprenticeship scheme will train for you to perform the following duties and tasks
- Work safely with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- General maintenance of the building and surroundings.
- Carry out root cause analysis to pre-empt potential equipment failure.
- Source new parts.
- Read and translate hydraulic drawings.
- Read and translate electrical drawings.
- Liaise with production for down time slots to carry out repairs.
- Mechanical and electrical maintenance of all production equipment on site to include CNC mills, injection moulding machines, tool room equipment, ancillaries and others machines/equipment where required.
- Carry out planned maintenance on all equipment and record details on a Maintenance software system.
- Respond to daily break downs and record details on a Maintenance software system.
- Recommend and implement improvements to reduce down time.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to safely operate hand held and stationary power tools.
- Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects.
- Computer literate.
- Able to read and write in English, and do basic arithmetic.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
The successful candidate will need:
- Good time management essential and able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance.
- Able to demonstrate past experience or an interest in engineering.
To apply for this position, you will need:
- 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or higher, to include math’s, English and Science.
Things to consider
About the employer
Company induction to include:
- Company history
- Tour and explanation of the processes
- Company values training
- Health & safety training
- Further on the job training will be delivered to support you obtaining the relevant experience and qualifications to successfully complete your apprenticeship training.
- Functional Skills Level 1 Maths
- Functional Skills Level 1 English
- Functional Skills Level 1 ICT
- Performing Engineering Operations Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Carol Bailey 01952 642271 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Sep 2017