IT Support Technician Assistant CENTRAL IT SUPPORT LTD
Are you interested in an IT Technician role? Want a career as an IT apprentice? Look no further we are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician apprentice, Interested? Apply now!
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
18 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As a member of our support team, you will be required to:
- Provide first line technical support by answering support queries via phone and email.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Escalate more complex calls to second and third line support.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Work independently
- Problem solver
- Knowledge of building computers and repairing
- Good communication skills
- Quick learner
- Willing to learn
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English, Maths, and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Birmingham for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.
You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician.
The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017