Apprentice Printer/Screen Maker Fine Ceramic Transfers Ltd
We are looking for a Printer / Screen Maker Apprentice to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for printing and cover coating high quality ceramic transfers, using semi-automatic and fully automatic print machines. You will also be responsible for preparing high quality screens for all printing processes.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.75
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
18 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To learn how to:
- Print and cover coat high quality ceramic transfers, using semi-automatric and fully automatic print machines
- Prepare high quality screens for all printing processes.
- Stretch screens in preparation for printing (either new or prevoiusly washed off)
- Coat screens as stated on customer order or proof
- Apply positives to the screen and expose
- Wash screens thoroughly to leave exposed image. Quality check for leask etc. and spot out as required
- Support printers with relevant screens
- Wash off used screens in preparation for next job.
- To print proofs matching customers' original artwork ensuring internal QC standards are met
- To produce the buld run of transfers matching eith approved proof or previous production standard with the minimum of loss
- To cover coat bulk sheets upon customer approval
- Ensuring correct quantity and customer delivery dates are met
- To save a full set of progressives for proofs and bulk for future reference.
- To keep areas of work clean and tidy
- As circumstances demand, being able to undertake any work considered within capabilities and experience.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Communicate in a structured manner.
- Keen to learn
- Can work on own initiative
- Good time keeper.
- Good standard of general education is essential
- Minimum of GCSE grades A*-D/E (or equivalent) is essential.
About the employer
- Level 2 in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Full Health and Safety Training
- One to one mentoring; on booth operation
Improving Operational Performance
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME COLLEGE (NULC)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle under Lyme College
01782 254287 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017