Hairdressing Apprentice Level 2 The Salon
The Salon are looking to recruit a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their busy business in Torquay. If you have a passion for Hairdressing then this is an incredible opportunity to work for a leading Salon in the South West!
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients.
- Answering the phone.
- Making bookings.
- Helping colleagues with clients.
- Cleaning and making refreshments.
- Follow Health and Safety Procedure in the Salon.
- As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting.
- Making sure that the work stations are kept clean and tidy at all times.
You will be assisting Stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
By assisting the Salon Manager and the Stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career. You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
You will have the incredible opportunity to attend our new Hairdressing Academy in the heart of Torquay one day a week. You will have the chance to practise your hairdressing skills on models. You will be allocated an Assessor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship.
You will be fully supported throughout your Apprenticeship by the employer and PGL Training as the learning provider. The opportunities of working for the Salon are endless.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicants will need to be able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- Good customer service skills.
- Openness to learning new ideas and techniques.
- You need to have a real passion for the business, be friendly and willing to work hard.
- Good sense of humour.
- Be aware of health and safety issues.
- Good practical skills.
- Being able to follow instruction by your Manager at all times.
- Kind and polite.
- Being able to hold an interested conversation with employers.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Familiar with current trends within the Hairdressing and Fashion Industry
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing
- A friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
- Creative and efficient.
- Smart appearance.
- Bubbly outgoing personality.
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Hairdressing Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills English Level 1 (If required)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1 (If required)
- Functional Skills English Level 2 (If required)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2 (If required)
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017