Health and Social Care Apprentice Sienna Care
Do you want to learn all aspects of Health and Social Care? Come work with us at Sienna Care, full training will be provided. You will aid residents to live in a manner and in circumstances which correspond - as far as possible - with what is normal for those who remain in their own homes.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Job description: Healthcare Assistant::
Responsible to: Owner / Registered Manager / Deputy Manager
Purpose of the job:
- To aid Residents to live in a manner and in circumstances, which correspond - as far as possible - with what is normal for those who remain in their own homes.
- To offer Residents a standard of care and attention, which respects individuals’ privacy and dignity, recognises their individuality, their independence and offers them choices and enables them to control their own lives when ever possible.
Is to enable Residents to achieve their full capacity in their daily life at Kingswood Home, being fully aware and sympathetic to the need for:
- Respect for privacy and dignity.
- Maintain their self-esteem.
- Personal choice.
- Recognition of individuality.
- Expression of beliefs.
- Feeling safe and secure at all times.
- Sustaining relationships with family members and friends.
- Opportunities for leisure activities.
- To meet with prospective Residents and their representatives, to show them around the home in the absence of the Manager. To ensure that adequate arrangements are made for the reception of new Residents and that they are made to feel welcome and secure.
- To maintain proper and accurate records regarding the Residents as required. To write reports on the daily events and ensure that all relevant information is clearly handed over at the change of shifts. To be fully aware of all the policies and procedures.
- Promote relationships which enable each Resident to participate in social activities within the Home and in the life of the local community to the maximum of their ability. To encourage and support the Residents in taking decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
- To be knowledgeable as regards the whereabouts of all Residents at all times, also the emergency procedures of the Home pertaining to the Residents.
- To partake in training sessions, staff meetings as required.
- To be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the housekeeping (cleaning etc.) and the laundry (washing etc.) character of the Home.
- To foster good working relationships and to ensure that there is good communication with and between staff. To ensure there is a detailed and clear hand over report for each shift.
- To ensure that all Residents have what is legally their property.
- To offer understanding, comfort and care to Residents at all times but especially if they are ill or dying.
- To under take any other reasonable duty which may be requested of you.
- To abide by all Policies and Procedures as set out in Kingswood Home Staff Hand Books.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. Kingswood Home reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs.
Kingswood home requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Prepared to accept responsibility for self and others.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Fair and open – demonstrate anti discriminatory practice.
- Delegation/allocation skills.
- Good recording/communication skills.
- Promote confidentiality.
- Agree to keep up-to- date with training and pass knowledge on to others.
Practice as taught : Lead By Example
Requirements and prospects
- Team player.
- Ability to work with people from many different backgrounds.
- Keen to learn.
- Good communication.
About the employer
- NVQ in Health and Social Care Level 2.
- BTEC in Health and Social Care Level 2.
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1.
- English Functional Skills Level 2.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills .
Healthcare > Healthcare Science Assistant
HIT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HIT Training Ltd
Claire Wright 07908 106461 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017