APPRENTICE Food Production CAPITAN TORTILLA LIMITED
A new concept restaurant looking for a highly motivated and flexible Apprentice to work alongside the business owner.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
APPRENTICE Food Production, Capitan Tortilla
The Employer and the Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting and ever-changing environment. From pop up restaurant to fast food take away and delivery to creating Spanish fusion dishes and tapas.
Capitan Tortilla, based in White post Lane, E9 is a new concept restaurant specialising in delicious and creative Spanish food. They are looking for a highly motivated and flexible Apprentice to work alongside the business owner. The business owner is forward thinking and willing to train the right person to assist her in the running and growth of the business.
- You will be trained on the job and with the help of JACE Training to achieve a City & Guilds Level 2 Food Production Certificate. In addition, Maths and English qualifications will be included if needed.
- There may be the opportunity to progress onto a higher-level qualification, on successful completion of Level 2.
Requirements and prospects
- To be a good time keeper so as not to let the owner and the team down
- To want to work and progress in a career in the catering industry
- To have good communication skills
- To be well organised
- To be flexible on working hours to work with how the business develops
Personal Qualities for this Apprenticeship role:
- To have a ‘can do’ attitude and take instruction well
- To work well as part of a team and individually
- To work well under pressure
- To enjoy learning new skills and creative skills with food
- GCSEs or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
CAPITAN TORTILLA LIMITED
JACE Training will deliver the Food Production Certificate for this Apprenticeship.
JACE Training Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Jace Training & Assessment
Apprenticeship Team 02087738146 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017