Engineering Paint Technician Apprenticeship North Eastern Powder Coatings Ltd
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Painting and Coating Applications (Engineering). This role will include learning the processes associated with material preparation and coating of fabricated structures and machines.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
23 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- This role will include learning the processes associated with material preparation and coating of fabricated structures and machines.
- Included in the activities will be paint applications, paint mixing, paint preparation, surface preparation and shot blasting. This activity will include working in environments which are noisy and dirty.
The day to day role will also include:
- Ensuring all parts have been prepared ready to be painted.
- Grinding and sanding down relevant areas and adjoining areas for blending.
- Masking out areas to be treated, selecting, matching and mixing colour and the final role of painting products.
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude.
- Good timekeeping.
- good communication skills.
- Keen interest in engineering.
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C or above in Maths & English Language.
** Please note that Level 2 Adult Literacy and Level 2 Adult Numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the certificate awarding body requirements.**
Things to consider
About the employer
- The Intermediate Apprenticeship is typically an 18 - 24 month programme. The Technical Certificate aspect of the programme is delivered at Tyne Metropolitan College
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Materials Processing and Finishing (QCF)
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017