Business Administration Apprentice Wychavon District Council
An amazing opportunity has become available for a Business Adminstration Apprenticeship at Wychavon Council in Pershore.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
17 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to support the Community Services team, particularly with the delivery of the Wychavon Youth Bus.
This is an exciting brand new opportunity to learn valuable skills in a business and community setting whilst studying for an NVQ in Business Administration.
- Working on board the wychavon youth bus to gain experience in youth work and community engagement for approximately three days a week
- Gaining experience in undertaking routine clerical duties such as maintaining filing systems or records, particularly in relation to the youth bus users and its membership scheme.
- Working with other members of the community development team
- Assisting with communications in relation to community projects including incoming and outgoing post such as monthly mail outs, emails and regular social media updates
- Developing promotional leaflets and posters to help let people know about the youth bus and the services it offers
- Learning how to operate general office equipment such as FAX machines, photocopiers and answerphone.
- Learning how to work in mobile environments and the needs of rural communities
- Learning the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of others
- Learning different communication styles to help deliver services in the community
- Providing support as necessary after/with relevant training and experience, to include preparation of documents using word processing and spreadsheets
- Answer the telephones in the office and take messages
- Assist with basic entries onto computer systems e.g. databases
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time in line with the grading of the post and requirements of the trainee’s Personal Training Plan
- Comply with all aspects of the Council’s Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Comply with health & safety legislation and the Council’s safety practices
Requirements and prospects
- Computer Literate
- Willingness to learn
- Confident verbal and written communications
- Able to deal with telephone calls with confidence
- Ability to work independently & as a team
- Act in a Professional manner at all times
- Polite telephone manner
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Proactive approach
- Positive attitude
- Bright bubbly Personality
GCSE A-C English and Maths or equivalent grades/qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full training up to Level 2 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if necessary
Business and Administration
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspiration Training Ltd
Joanne Wilson email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2017