Pharmacy Apprentice Longthornes Dispensing Chemists
As a pharmacy assistant, you would work under the supervision of a qualified pharmacist, preparing and supplying items of medicine that make up a prescription. You would be based in a community or hospital pharmacy.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
17 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Select the correct items to make up a prescription.
- Order new stock using computerised systems.
- Give advice to customers on prescription medicines and over-the-counter products.
- Give advice on healthy living and how to deal with minor illness.
- Selling over-the-counter medicines.
- Advising patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments.
- Preparing dosette and cassette boxes, usually for the elderly but also for those with memory/learning difficulties, where tablets are placed in compartments for specified days of the week.
- Customer Service focused activities including dealing with enquiries, answering incoming calls and taking accurate and precise messages.
- Adhering to the Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times, ensuring correct prescriptions are given to the correct people and asking for identification for those who look under the age limit set for the products given.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication skills
- An interest in Maths/Science
- Good time keeper
- Works well within a team
GCSE in English and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
About the employer
Longthornes Dispensing Chemists
- Level 2 NVQ in Pharmaceutical Services
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Health - Pharmacy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Seevic College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017