Carpentry Apprentice TAYLOR H LIMITED
An existing opportunity has arisen to become a Carpentry Apprentice in Exmouth. You will attend the PGL Training centre for training one day a week. The business will support you throughout the Apprenticeship in conjunction with PGL Training as the Training Provider.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Cutting timber, skirting boards and fit wooden structures, like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings).
- You may also install skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings).
- Your duties will include managing and storing materials ready for use, assisting trade professionals and maintaining high levels of health and safety on site.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and well-being.
- Working at heights.
- Working on Roofing.
- Working on loft conversions.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Making sure that the work area is clean and tidy.
- Working on domestic properties.
- Working on commercial properties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Good written English Skills.
- Smart and presentable.
- Goof use of measurements.
- Be aware of Health and Safety in the workplace and be prepared to listen, follow instructions and take guidance from experienced professionals.
- Good team player.
- Good time keeping.
- You should have a positive attitude and be keen with an eagerness to learn.
- You must be prepared to listen and follow instructions.
- A good work ethic is essential.
- Polite and kind.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Good practical skills.
- Eager and passionate.
No Formal Qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
TAYLOR H LIMITED
- Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupation.
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Functional Skills Maths.
- Functional Skills English.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017