IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Gmi Construction Group Plc
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice with GMI Construction, a Building and Construction Services Company, based in Leeds.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
15 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing 1st line support, answering queries via email, phone or face-to-face.
- Logging support tickets submitted via the IT Helpdesk in a timely manner.
- Carrying out network scans through the Helpdesk to highlight potential hardware issues.
- Updating the asset register and recording IT kit being deployed in the business.
- Following the company process for managing licensing and ensuring compliance is maintained.
- Troubleshooting laptops, desktops, tablets, phones and printers.
- Carrying out desk setups around the office.
- Adding new users to the system and setting up email accounts.
- Configuring new computers for use on the network / decommissioning old kit.
- Managing the supplies of IT equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to follow an issue through to a solution.
- Excellent attention to detail and self-organization.
- May manage a small team of administrative employees.
- Shares expertise with colleagues.
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite (2010 and 2013)
- Understanding of Windows OS (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Keen to learn new technologies.
5 GCSEs grades A* to C (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Gmi Construction Group Plc
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133500333 Honor.Greenwood@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017