Apprentice Nursery Assistant INSPIRE DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Inspire Day Nursery is a home from home nursery that are looking for apprentices to join their friendly, caring team.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities and duties:
- To work with the nursery team, to plan, deliver and evaluate activities and topics for children through a variety of activities.
- To assist in the planning and preparation of activities.
- Under supervision to be a key person for a small group of children.
- To work in partnership with the parent/carer and the nursery team to ensure the children enjoy their time at the nursery and investigate, explore, grow and develop.
- To ensure the children are offered a safe environment throughout their nursery day.
- To be aware of children’s dietary needs and to follow any special arrangements.
- To attend and participate in all day nursery meetings as required.
- To be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the nursery.
- To respect confidentiality always.
- To be aware of the nursery’s policies on Health and safety, Accident recording and reporting, Medication and illness, Child Protection/Safeguarding, Fire procedures and evacuation, Emergency procedures and incident reporting, Infection control, Staff code of dress.
- To participate in staff development and attend appropriate training as required.
- To comply with all statutory requirements and policies.
- Ad hoc duties within the nursery as directed.
Requirements and prospects
- A good timekeeper
- Good communication skills
- Ready to train and learn a childcare qualification
- Flexible approach to work
- Enjoy working with children
- Happy and approachable personality
- GCSEs or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
INSPIRE DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Level 2 Apprenticeship training to be delivered by JACE Training
Children and Young People's Workforce
JACE Training Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Jace Training & Assessment
Apprenticeship Team 02087738146 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017