Apprentice Estimator R & M Lighting
Excellent opportunity to join an established & award winning street lighting company with 17 years experience. You would be working in our estimating department under the leadership of our senior estimator.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Due to recent business expansion, R&M Lighting is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated individual to join our valued team of estimators.
The successful candidate will be involved in obtaining quotes for various street lighting and road signage projects, discussing works with suppliers/clients over the phone, analyzing specifications and drawings and the preparation of tenders for dispatch to our well established client base.
Previous experience is not required as full on the job training will be provided and its worth noting that there is good scope for career progression for the right candidate.
Apprentice Estimator Core duties and responsibilities:
- Logging in tender enquiries as received from clients.
- Carefully analyzing the specification, bill of quantities, drawings and other related documentation
- Contacting suppliers to request prices for the specified products
- Chasing suppliers/clients to deal with clarifications Maintaining regular communication with our clients in order to keep them up-to-date on developments with their enquiries
- Saving all documentation received and dispatched to a dedicated electronic file
- Populating tender templates and calculating final prices.
- Submitting official quotations.
- Filing tenders
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Whilst ideal, prior estimating experience isn’t necessary.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision whilst still maintaining strong, professional working relationships
- A flexible approach to the role, working within a larger team.
- Confidence with Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and other Office applications
- An analytical mind
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication – both verbal and textual – skills
If you wish to submit an application for the role of Junior Estimator at R&M Lighting, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with a good telephone skills
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills – in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Positive and confident can do attitude
- Previous experience working in a law firm would be useful
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Self-motivated, team player
- Willing to learn in order to progress
- ·Able to keep calm under pressure
5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and Maths at Grade C or above
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Key skills/Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reading College
Jenny Hyam 07717 315 815 Jenny.Hyam@ActivateLearning.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017