Advanced Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Services Milehouse Pharmacy
Do you want to start a career in Pharmacy? If you enjoy helping people, here is your opportunity! Complete a course in Pharmacy Service Skills, learning to dispense medicines. You will also enrol on a course to learn to sell medicines and give advice on healthy living, providing you with a broader range of Pharmacy Skills to start your career.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Sep 2017
15 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will learn
- To provide advice to customers on common ailments and illnesses, and sell medicines to help treat them.
- To use an EPOS till and handle cash.
- How to promote healthy living to our customers.
- Dispense NHS and private prescriptions which will involve assembling and generating labels for prescription medication whilst monitoring and maintaining the data in patient records.
- Be trained to dispense prescriptions for Monitored Dosage Systems.
- Manage stock, place and accept orders and store items appropriately.
- Learn to manage a dispensary and advise patients on a wide range of prescription medicines working closely with the Pharmacist to enhance customer care.
- Help order customer’s repeat prescriptions, over the phone, when they come to the shop in person or via our email or website.
- Learn to actively promote our Pharmacy services and fulfil your role in them. These include our Tracker service, Medicine Use Reviews, New Medicine Services, Smoking Cessation Service, Winter Ailment service, Needle Exchange Service, Electronic Prescription Service, Supervised Consumption Service, Prescription Delivery Service, Services to Care Homes and Services for Housebound Patients.
Training and support will be given to the successful applicant to help them achieve their apprenticeship/qualification as a Pharmacy Technician as well as a Pharmacy Medicines Counter Assistant.
Further details on working hours:
The post is an average 40 hours per week. We have a 4 weekly working and payment cycle. The working hours are planned in advance but within each of the four weeks will be variable and could be over any day Monday to Saturday in 4 hour shifts. The shifts are 9am - 1pm or 2pm - 6pm. On Saturdays only the early shift is worked and you will be required to work 3 Saturday's in every 4. The shop is closed on a Sunday so work on this day would be exceptional but maybe needed.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numerical and literacy skills
- Good communication and people skills to provide excellent customer service as you will need to explain clearly to patients the instructions about medicine use, based on advice your pharmacist gives you.
- You will enjoy working as part of a busy team, assisting your colleagues so previous retail experience will be beneficial to your application
- Have excellent organisational skills and as you will be customer facing have a smart and tidy appearance
- You should be IT literate able to use Word and Excel, but will be trained on the specific software/till systems used in the Pharmacy
- You must be able to follow instructions and guidance working closely with the Pharmacist and your mentor.
- You will be able to act with maturity and be sensitive to patients particularly when discussing confidential information or a customer’s illness.
- Be a confident person, able to get along with people, building positive working relationships with customers and other members of the pharmacy team.
- Friendly, polite and helpful, being organised with your focus on the customer
- Enthusiastic about healthy lifestyles and the health of the local community
- Keen to learn how to sell medicines and to seek advice and guidance when appropriate
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
- Able to use your own initiative and be willing to respond positively to changes needed to help you develop
- Trustworthy and reliable
5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths, English and Science or equivalent, evidence of good ICT skills and with a driving licence or intending to learn to drive. However, if you have a real interest in working with Milehouse Pharmacy, please still contact us to apply.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook.
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today