Apprentice Shipping Coordinator French Connection 2000
An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company in Purfleet. The Candidate will be working in a fast paced environment, giving excellent customer service. The candidate will provide general admin support and prepare reports.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
15 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a diverse range of tasks and duties.
- Running weekly activity reports from in-house system – liaising with suppliers to have a real time picture of deliveries
- Liaise with production, suppliers and Country office teams to ensure products are ready and delivered in accordance with customer service level agreements
- Planning and authorising of shipments into the UK Warehouse
- Tracking of stock and deliveries for customers in Power-view
- Provide Estimated Time of Delivery/ Arrival to relevant buyers
- Run reports and communicate them to all relevant persons, maintain and input data on in-house system
- Checking invoices and import documentation
- Management of air, sea and road shipments on a daily basis
- Direct liaison with buyers to ensure issues affecting deliveries are correctly and promptly communicated
- Resolving, in a timely manner, delivery queries including claims for losses, misses or short deliveries
- Using in-house programme to raise consignments and run reports on a daily basis
- Any other ad-hoc administration work as is required to cover holidays and absence of colleagues in other areas of the operation.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate will need to have good computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- The candidate will need the ability to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a busy team.
- The candidate will need to be reliable and efficient.
- Grade A-C in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
French Connection 2000
- TheLightBulb will provide the full Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship framework.
- This will include the three day technical certificate course and exam.
- You will also do your Functional Skills (Mathematics, English and ICT) if required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017