Content & Curation Manager Apprentice - 12154 Royal Mail
Royal Mail has an exciting opportunity for an 18 month apprenticeship in the Digital Marketer discipline. As the apprentice Content & Curation Manager you will be supporting the curation, development and implementation of digital learning content and assisting digital communities of learning.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
£16,000.00 - £18,000.00
Total hours per week: 41.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
15 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
About the role:
- Key accountabilities of the role are to create and curate digital learning content whilst project managing outsourced providers when required. You’ll use eLearning software development tools, such Adobe Creative Cloud, and produce video content. You will advise and guide internal customers on the best approach to meet their learning needs.
- Your duties will include working with digital learning champions across the business in order to; embed and promote social learning adoption; develop calendars of activity; share and aggregate digital content for use across social learning spaces.
- Reporting and measuring usage on the HR system learning portal (SuccessFactors & SAPJAM), whilst working with our Group Business Intelligence team to ensure reports are built and embedded, you’ll work with the senior content & community manager and learning designers to build social learning communities to support formal learning programmes. You’ll support the governance and consistency of user-created content including coaching users on standards, and communicating guidance in webinars and articles for internal audiences.
- As part of administration support you’ll record the contents success setting up regular reporting of interactions on JAM, analysing reports, developing league tables and communicate the results.
- The role is can be located in either Manchester or London.
Responsibilities of the Content & Curation Manager Apprentice:
Curate, develop and implement digital learning content, and support digital communities of learning
- Key accountabilities:
- Create and curate digital learning content and manage outsourced providers as appropriate, including:
- Using elearning software development tools such Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, Camtasia, and producing video content
- Advising & guiding internal customers on the best approach to meet their development needs using development models as appropriate
- Support the project management of suppliers when outsourcing projects
- Identify off the shelf content to meet learning needs
- Work with Digital champions across the business in order to embed and promote social learning adoption, developing calendars of activity, sharing and aggregating digital content for use across social learning spaces eg JAM
- Measure and report on usage on JAM, working with GBI to ensure reports are built and aggregated appropriately
- Work with senior content & community manager and learning designers to build social learning communities to support formal learning programmes
- Support the governance and consistency of user-created content including coaching users on standards, and communicating guidance in webinars and articles for internal audiences
Provide administration support for gamification including reporting on use of kudos by:
- Setting up regular reporting of interactions on JAM
- Analysing reports and developing league tables
- Communicating the results
- Required to work across the learning teams to identify social learning opportunities for learning programmes
- Required to manage relationships with SMEs for creation of development
- Required to work with training delivery and PSP support for the effective deployment of content
- Benchmark externally to identify useful content and suppliers
Requirements and prospects
Requirements of the Content & Curation Manager Apprentice:
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be educated to A Level standard (or equivalent) and will be experienced within social media and with an interest in learning theories and social learning, preferably with digital software knowledge such as Abode Creative Cloud.
With excellent communication skills and the ability to plan and organise your own workload effectively, you’ll be able to liaise with key internal stakeholders to elicit their requirements and embed best practise. You’ll develop your knowledge of community management, social media and social learning alongside your experience of creating digital learning content to be a success in the role. Working knowledge of the SuccessFactors system, Learning & Development theory in addition to experience of video production and editing are desired but not essential.
- Good communications skills at all levels and ability to work with key internal stakeholders (required)
- Good project management skills (required)
- Knowledge of community management, social media and social learning (required)
- Experience of creating digital learning content (required)
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors system (desired)
- Knowledge of Learning & Development theory (desired)
- Experience of video production and editing (desired)
- Experience of software tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia etc and any other authoring tools
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Things to consider
About the employer
Approximately 12% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 8% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Digital Industries > Digital Marketer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
0345 074 7825 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017