Apprentice Technical Engineer Barfoots Of Botley Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an expanding company. Learning to undertake mechanical and electrical preventative and breakdown maintenance on specialised production equipment to ensure machinery runs efficiently.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will be trained in electro-mechanical maintenance gaining the competence to work on the machinery at our premises outside Bognor.
- You will learn to carry out routine planned maintenance on mechanical, electrical and electronic production equipment working to planned maintenance schedules.
- Following training and experience you will become capable of diagnosing the causes of faults on a wide range of equipment.
- You will learn how to maintain and update all maintenance and equipment documentation.
- You will identify possible improvements and assist implementing the companies continuous improvement programme.
- You will always work in accordance with company safety procedures and follow Health and Safety legislation.
- Attend college/PETA and complete coursework on time and to the required standard.
- Actively seek additional responsibility in years 2 and 3.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal communications skills are required as this job entails daily contact with all shift personnel and the Shift Leader.
- You will have good written communication skills enabling you to complete shift reports.
- You will be objective and analytical in your approach to problem solving being able to explain problems and how they were dealt with clearly and concisely.
- You will possess an awareness of health and safety considerations.
- Once trained you will be able to work effectively when supervised, with the flexibility to work on your own initiative when required.
- Good eyesight and coordination.
- Capable of working in confined spaces.
- You must be able to work flexibly in respect of requirements of the post.
- Commit to further training and personal development.
- You will demonstrate an interest in Barfoot’s and the wider processing industry.
- Willing to work flexible hours including undertaking shift work within the apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent (inc Maths, English, Science) at Grade C or above (4 to 9).
- BTEC or relevant Engineering qualification is desirable.
- A or AS Level qualifications or equivalents in relevant subject including maths or science will be looked upon favorably.
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s training centre in Havant for off-the-job training. This will commence with a 6 month period of off the job training designed to support your learning in the workplace. The majority of training that follows will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
During the first year you will complete:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing and Engineering
In year 2 onwards you will complete:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance, the content of which will be agreed with your employer after successful completion of year 1
- An Engineering Maintenance knowledge qualification, again to be agreed with your employer. For example this could be a BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
You must also achieve (if not already held)
- A minimum level 2 in maths and English
On successful completion of the above you will need to successfully complete the end point assessment consisting of:
- A knowledge assessment
- A final observation of practical work
- A technical interview, based upon an evidence portfolio which will include all evidence of practical observations, progress reviews and work activities
Energy & Utilities > Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017