IT Apprentice Dfds Seaways
Leading, award winning ferry operator with offices based in Whitfield near to Dover, Kent, are looking to recruit an IT apprentice.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
14 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Leading, award winning ferry operator with offices based in Whitfield near to Dover, Kent, are looking to recruit an IT apprentice to undertake the following duties and operations:
- To provide first & second line IT support to customers. Providing technical support to telephone, email and service desk tooling requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- To ensure that calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately. To Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone and other electronic mediums. Then log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- To install and configure PCs and associated peripherals and software. To redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT support team.
- To pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
- To contribute to ensuring that the Service Desk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback is received promptly.
- To deploy PCs etc. including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the company policy.
- To maintain existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the company policy, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- To assist in compiling and maintaining inventories of software and hardware.
- To assist with compilation of the Support Centre's technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users
- To provide, at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- To develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with all members of the IT department
There will be associated duties that are related to the role that may not be listed.
All applicants MUST hold a valid passport as there may be instances where you will need to work on board the ships.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Smartly presented
- Confident in IT
GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 IT Professional.
IT Application Specialist
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Canterbury College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017