Apprentice 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer Open Network Services
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer to work for a major UK based company out of the Dinnington office near Sheffield. You will be working on desktop/server support as well as other projects. This role will include working on our helpdesk, supporting our remote customers.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
14 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be working within a small team dedicated to support on a variety of operating systems and hardware. This role will involve taking and logging of call’s on to the helpdesk, via telephone or email, so a good telephone manor is essential.
The nature of the support calls can range from client desktop issues, to basic server administration and other deployment projects. A reasonable knowledge of the Windows operating systems is preferable, along with a basic networking understanding, and any other knowledge of IT will be an advantage.
- Taking and logging of calls
- Support all customers' services in a professional manner
- Self-audit all work and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintain a clean environment and at all times be polite to the customer
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries
- High standard of English is needed as notes on calls are critical to our customers
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Confident and well-spoken phone manner
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
- Permanent role
- Ability to take direction from supervisor / management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Proactive in the resolution of engineering obstacles, conferring with supervisor
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with training.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicating on the telephone
- Computer literacy
- Great time-keeping
- Personal presentation
- Positive attitude
- Motivated and driven to meet targets
- A passion for the subject and drive to achieve their apprenticeship
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
About the employer
- Level 3 Apprenticeship standard - Infastructure Technician.
- The duration of the Apprenticeship is 15 months and will be delivered to you in the workplace. This will be done through a bespoke blended learning package.
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
INTEGRITY IT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Integrity FT
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017