Apprentice LGV Driver M & J Bowers
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become an Apprentice LGV Driver for a family run business. You will become part of a team with a hard working mentality, whilst learning the skills required to become a Large Goods Vehicle Driver.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
16 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our Drivers do more than a ‘driving job’. It’s about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our business. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just our delivery/collection driver. It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring products are delivered/collected in a first class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and our business.
- To carry out or to supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products/receptacles are safely loaded and secured to minimize chances of damage, for your days’ work.
- Ensure with Transport Manager that the products/receptacles are correct against the customers’ requirements.
- Check Driver Board before days’ work for extra scheduled work.
- Ensure that on arrival the collection is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Manager.
- Collect/exchange/deliver products from customer and obtain signature and print on correct paperwork for that customer.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Handle customer issues on collection/delivery effectively and contact Transport Manager for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop collections/deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Look after the vehicle and ensure that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection.
- To provide support in the Yard to unload all vehicles before end of the day and any other duties as required by your Managers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company code of conduct, Health and Safety Policy, ISO9001 and BSEN 15713 accreditation.
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Hardworking and enthusiastic work ethic
- Fit and able
- Full, clean driving licence
- You must have or applied for your provisional CAT C Licence.
- English and Maths grade A-E or the equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
M & J Bowers
- Level 2 Large Goods Vehicle driver training. Skills include, safe, controlled and fuel efficient driving techniques relating to driving the LGV.
- How to protect the vehicle and associated loads, including management of unlawful access to vehicle and loads.
- A variety of other core skills and behaviours required within the driving sector.
- Functional Skills English (if required)
- Functional Skills Maths (if required)
Logistics and Supply Chain > Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) Driver
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Katie Whitty 01935 845397 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017