Pharmacy Counter Dispensing Assistant Apprentice WELFARE HEALTHCARE (UK) LTD
Welfare Pharmacy based in the city centre of Derby are looking to recruit 2 Pharmacy Counter Dispensing Assistant Apprentices. The post holder will work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
11 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Counter dispensing assistant
- To work with customers on the counter
- Also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication
As part of a team, the successful candidate will be expected to care about their job and be prepared to help everyone in order to provide the best possible service and care for our customers.
This is an opportunity to be involved in a busy and rewarding business where ideas are welcomed and working together is the only way to get the job done.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Effective customer service
- Good communications skill
- The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and show initiative
- They will be a team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- They will be dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- The ideal candidate will also be mature and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers
- 3 x A* - C GCSE's (or equivalent) Maths, English & Science (desirable).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Services Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Health Pharmacy Services
BURTON AND SOUTH DERBYSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burton and South Derbyshire College
Lynsey Barlow 01283 494568 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017