Print Operator Apprentice Bischof & Klein (UK) Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to begin a career in the packaging / polymers industry with an internationally renowned company. They will learn all aspects of the business and have the chance to build a career path in a continually developing technical industry.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
12 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to gain an Apprenticeship with a leading Multinational packaging company.
- To be grounded in all aspects of printing including print preparation and plate laying as a team member but will involve some lone working.
- To liaise with external ‘Repro Houses’ and the Sales department on reprographics for both the industrial and consumer print markets.
- To manage ‘job folders’ containing extensive data relevant to individual orders, attention to detail is vital.
- Colour match whilst monitoring costs, interpret data using spectro and IQC, IFS software to achieve the level of an Ink Technician.
- To prepare print plates in advance of print runs and to mount print plates onto print presses, this involves keeping to tight tolerances and following works orders in order to meet customer requirements.
- Follow work order instructions using SAP to ensure that print presses are fully provided with relevant materials eg: film, inks and cores in order to avoid downtime and scrap. To achieve a thorough knowledge of 8/10 colour CI flexographic printing.
- Carry out cost saving projects such as: to increase production capacity, scrap prevention and general improvements.
Requirements and prospects
Must possess good communication skills, be reliable and computer literate.
Positive attitude with motivation and ambition essential.
GCSE standard to include English, Maths and Science at grades A-D or equivalent Level 1 qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
B+K (UK) Ltd. is your quality supplier for packaging solutions. We produce industrial and consumer packaging mainly for the British and Irish markets.
In co-operation with our customers we develop custom-made solutions to fulfil special wishes and to offer a wide range of flexible packaging products.
Using state of the art equipment, having highly-trained staff, the support and experience of the international B+K-GROUP we achieve high quality standards in every part of the Supply Chain.
We will enable our customers to stay at the leading edge of their markets with our sophisticated packaging solutions.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Functional Skills required at level 1 in English, Maths.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Improving Operational Performance
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearse 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017