Apprentice Facilities Operative John Taylor Hospice Community Interest Co
This is a new role at the hospice which spans the housekeeping team and catering team. We are looking for a multi skilled and flexible person who will be able to multi task at a moment’s notice. You will initially join the housekeeping team, but will also multi task into working as a kitchen assistant in the JTH kitchen.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
11 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post requires excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, knowledge of housekeeping services and a flexible solution focussed approach.
This post is:
- Responsible for cleaning patient rooms and public areas to CQC quality standards.
- Responsible for office cleaning to H&S general standards.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms, raising issues with Supervisor if appropriate.
- Communicate issues to next shift. Complete required paperwork.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all patients and guests according to company standards; anticipate and address patients and guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities.
- Assist with all aspects of kitchen service including food preparation, cleaning, washing up and removal of used plates and cutlery.
- Assist with aspects of front of house service, including greeting visitors, reporting of problems and management of problems through to resolution.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance.
Delivering positive community benefit:
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Serve and present hot non-alcoholic beverages quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
- Assist in keeping café area, kitchen and toilets clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current promotions and new products
- Make customers aware of offers on our great food and drink range
- Speak to customers to ensure that they are satisfied with their meals
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training
- Always adhere to all company policies, procedures and health and safety laws
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team
- Be friendly, sociable and welcoming to our customers, to create a great atmosphere
- Remain calm, patient and polite, if receiving customer feedback
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help our customers
Requirements and prospects
The role of Catering Assistant / Barista is an important one in assuring the success of JT Moments. You will be enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible, with a passion for food. This is a busy role and you will thrive on being under pressure within a fast paced environment. Exceptional customer service and engagement skills are required along with a genuine passion for the hospitality industry.
This is a role with a strong sales focus and the need for adherence to exceptional quality standards. A sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety is also required.
The successful candidate will need to be committed and driven, full of energy with a willingness to learn and work hard. Problem solving with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues is also required. Confidentiality a must and able to communicate.
Minimum A-D GCSE grades in Maths and English / Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
John Taylor Hospice Community Interest Co
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF.
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate.
- Key or Functional Skills (if required).
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Natalie Hall 0121 362 1122
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017