Apprentice Data Entry Clerk Abbey Road Surgery
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of administrative duties which include registering patients, booking appointments when asked, ensuring all information is managed correctly, filed and followed up accordingly.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
£150.00 - £168.75
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
11 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of administrative duties and act as the local point of contact and be responsible for the dissemination of information, messages and enquiries for the medical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members, other health professionals and staff within the practice.
- Registering patients.
- Communication received, read coding medical data into clinical system and computerised medical record of patient.
- Set up and run clinical searches.
- Interrogate data for audit purposes.
- If requested, maintain the appointment system and set up templates.
- To provide and maintain information required for public health targets. This will include data checking and liaising with the clinical team to improve performance.
- Take part in practice performance related to recalls for patients. This will include maintaining an up to date register and working on improvement.
- Deal with DES, LES, PPA, Childhood Immunisation, etc claims as and when due as well as report to management on a monthly basis.
- QOF - Quality and Outcomes Framework – work towards reaching maximum available points. Follow instruction given my management, call, recall and book appointments with appropriate clinical team members for patients who are have QOF alerts and due for review.
- Distribute incoming pathology, x-ray results to appropriate clinical team member
- Deal with GP Links including the amendment and deduction of patient’s records.
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information e.g. smoking status, BP, ethnicity, medication from hospital letters
- Retrieve paper notes from storage unit as requested
- Attend relevant to practice meetings
- Assist with remodelling and room moves as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication & organisational skills
- Team Player
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to organise & prioritise
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to use electronic information systems/basic word, excel processing packages
- Excellent timekeeper
- Professional manner & appearance
- Ability to follow instruction
- Willing to learn new skills
- Enthusiastic and hard working
5 GCSEs grade C and above including English and maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
• Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration
• Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Business and Administration
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activities undertaken.
Business and Administration
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
Sharon Ryan 01992 411572 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017