Apprentice IT Engineer The Business Machines Company (Uk) Limited
Keen to kick-start your career within the IT industry? Struggling to find that perfect opportunity for you to kick-start your career? Do you enjoy troubleshooting, repairing and building PC’s? If so, then here is the role for you?
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
11 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one lucky individual to kickstart their career within the IT industry for a reputable business based in Newmarket.
The Business Machines Company are a small reputable IT company that specialise in the Sales Service and Support of Office Machines and IT.
TBM are currently on the lookout for a hardworking and motivated individual to join their business as an Apprentice IT Engineer.
The duties of the apprentice are below:
- Customer Support
- Set up systems
- Installation of systems
- Maintaining customers systems – both in workshop and onsite
- Monitoring backups
- Working in close liaison with the rest of the TBM team who deal mainly with printers, copiers and MFPs
This is a great opportunity for one lucky individual to really test their IT knowledge and put their skills to the test.
The successful applicant will work towards a BCS Level 3 Diploma – Infrastructure Technician, I highly recommended and nationally recognised qualification.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there is the chance for the apprentice to gain a permanent position within the business and progress on to a Level 4 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Competent using MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience either taking apart and repairing PC’s or troubleshooting various PC faults
- Team Player
- Willingness to learn
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Cambridge for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017