Engineering Apprentice K & M Engineering Ltd
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity for 2 individuals to learn and develop engineering skills within a well established company (K&M Engineering).
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
10 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will be fully trained to complete the following day-to-day tasks:
- Understanding and working with fabrication drawings
- Setting out areas of work to be completed (marking out, punching, cutting to size, fitting of plates)
- Maintaining good housekeeping in work area
- Assisting colleagues in loading/unloading deliveries
- Stock control
The successful applicant may be required to undertake additional duties as deemed appropriate by management.
Requirements and prospects
The successful applicant will have:
- An understanding of engineering maths
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Good time keeping
- A willingness to improve upon core skills
- Drive and versatility
- Ideally applicants will have some engineering experience
The successful applicant be:
- A good communicator
- Willing to learn and offer ideas to solutions
- Hard working
Given the nature of the role and the requirements of the apprenticeship it is expected that the successful applicant will have proven abilities in English and maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful applicant will work towards the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Engineering Operations with a fabrication and welding pathway.
The following qualifications will need to be completed to gain framework certification:
- Knowledge based - Level 2 Award in Industrial Environmental Awareness. This qualification provides the knowledge required for employment and career progression within the engineering/manufacturing sector.
- Competence based – Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations. This qualification provides the opportunity to demonstrate practical skills, knowledge and understanding reflecting the competencies recognised as the benchmark for semi-skilled engineering industry operatives.
- Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities & Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. This ensures apprentices feel confident with their rights and responsibilities in a working environment and supports the learner to explore different ways of tackling problems including working with others to find imaginative solutions and outcomes that are of value.
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics. This is integrated within the programme and is assessed by completing work related tasks followed by a test designed to give the Apprentice confidence in applying number and communication skills to their daily work objectives.
- The successful applicant may also undertake other training as identified by the employer.
Improving Operational Performance
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SBC Training Limited
Sam Shaw 01743 454810 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017