Apprentice Marketing and Communications Assistant Brothers of Charity
To provide effective and efficient marketing and communications support to the organisation. Duties include general clerical and receptionist cover. Project a professional company image through in-person, electronic and phone interaction
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
11 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To assist with all marketing and communications administrative tasks including updating the website, intranet and social media accounts.
- To assist with the accurate entry and monitoring of information for the Marketing and Communications team.
- To prepare and send out marketing packs as and when required
- To support with filing and photocopying etc.
- To assist in the ordering of stationery and other equipment as required
- To assist in the facilitation of meetings and take minutes when required
- To provide cover for reception when necessary
- To assist in the creation, maintenance and continual improvement of office systems and databases, both hard copy and electronic
- Responsible for own personal learning and development/CPD in line with service policies and procedures.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive workforce which is free from any discriminatory practice.
- Work within designated compliance and quality assurance frameworks as required by the service (SP QAF, CQC, CSE, IiP etc).
- Represent the service in a professional and confidential manner building positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Adhere with section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
In the course of your duties you may have access to confidential information about company business. It must be stressed that under no circumstances must this information be communicated to anyone other than authorised persons.
Requirements and prospects
- ICT skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Understanding of marketing processes including website content management systems and social media
- Ability to work in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Previous experience of an office environment
- Must be able to work flexibly across organisation
- Must have commitment to maintain high customer care standards
- GCSES A-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English are ESSENTIAL
- An ICT QUALIFICATION is desirable
- Previous office experience or a Level 2 in business administration is highly desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Employer rights and responisbilites
- Functional skills if needed
Business and Administration
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017