Business Administrator Apprentice MESSENGER CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
Your role as an Apprentice Business Administrator will be to help ensure the smooth running of the office while learning valuable office based skills. While we will be looking for you to work hard and contribute to the daily running of the office, in return we will invest in your personal development.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 34.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
10 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include:
- Answering and screening incoming calls
- Managing the post and mailbox email
- Greeting visitors
- Booking couriers and travel requirements
- General filing
- Scanning, photocopying and binding
- Updating of contact lists/databases
- Some secretarial duties
- Monitoring and managing the ordering of stationary, PPE and general office supplies
- Matching invoices and delivery notes
- Supporting Estimating, Contracts, Insurance and Finance Administrators on request
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list
- Good with written and verbal English
- Proficient in using a computer (work, excel MS Office)
- Friendly & helpful
- Good communicator
- Trustworthy & reliable
- Able to work in a team
GCSE or equivalents in English & Maths grade A to D (3 to 9). An ICT qualification is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Combined NVQ in Business Administration.
- Employee rights and responsibilities in the workplace. Personal learning and thinking skills.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
- On the job and off the job training predominantly delivered in the workplace although some college attendance may be required
Business and Administration
NEW COLLEGE STAMFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Stamford
Paul Ward 01780 484300 Paul.Ward@stamford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017