Purchasing Apprentice RSBP Ltd
This is a fast paced and diverse role requiring a flexible, hands-on approach. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of working within a team and providing excellent customer service to internal departments and external clients.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 42.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a fast paced and diverse role requiring a flexible, hands-on approach. Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of working within a team and providing excellent customer service to internal departments and external clients. Contributing to & working as part of the Group Purchasing Department to achieve on time, in full deliveries each week.
A summary of the main responsibilities
- Placing Orders with Suppliers daily.
- Managing supplier order books, to ensure accurate and on time delivery dates.
- Proactively sourcing parts from alternative suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to production and customer deliveries if usual supplier is out of stock.
- Liaising with CAD to monitor when jobs are due to be manufactured, and placing orders with suppliers accordingly.
- Identify potential savings by researching & resourcing products.
- To be a point of contact for any customer service issues relating to supplier or product issues/faults.
- Other administrative roles within the department.
This role requires dedication & determination to ensure that supplier accounts are managed effectively. You may need to work outside of normal office hours to ensure deadlines are met and will be required to carry out tasks in addition to those noted above to contribute to the smooth running of the department.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to absorb technical product information
- Ability to interact at all levels & work under pressure
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a positive hands-on approach
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working effectively within a team
- Computer literate
- Good Communication skills with a can-do attitude
- Problem solving.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Minimum of four GCSEs at grade C or above to include Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Award in Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Technical Certificate in Business and Administration
Business and Administration
NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME COLLEGE (NULC)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle under Lyme College
01782 254287 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017