Apprentice IT Support Technician Bridgeway Consulting Limited
After recently being awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, Bridgeway are looking to expand the team with an IT Support Apprentice. Reporting to the IT Support Technician, you will provide Technical Support to colleagues with duties ranging from hardware & software maintenance to first line IT support.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
10 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Overall purpose of the role:
To assist in day to day operations of all IT systems and user support.
Daily roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing equipment, i.e. PC’s, laptops, tablets, phones
- Maintenance of all hardware and software
- Software Licensing
- First-line support
- Patch panel maintenance
- Software & Security updates
- Equipment issue
- Virtualisation/SAN/Storage Management
- End user training
- Updating asset register
- Assisting with PAT Testing
- Monitoring and ordering consumables and supplies
Software/Hardware includes Windows XP/7/8/Server 2003/2008/2012, Office 2007 suite onwards, VMWare, HP SAN(LeftHand/Storvirtual), HP & Cisco switches, Veeam & Symantec backup.
You will carry out under supervision and guidance, all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Bridgeway Consulting Ltd's Policies and Procedures.
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of computer components and operating systems
- Excellent organisation, time management and administration skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office programmes
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team or individually as required
- A keen interest in IT and how various systems work
- A problem solving approach to issues
- Hard working and trustworthy
- Presentable & Professional
- Approachable, helpful & friendly
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Nottingham for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)
Digital Industries > Digital Marketer
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Ltd.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Oct 2017