IT Support Apprentice Elthorne Park High School
Our Client, is a highly popular, successful 11-18 mixed school with around 1100 students based in West London. They are looking for a committed and professional individual whom be responsible for assisting the Network Manager in the efficient operation of all IT systems.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.30
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Our Client, is a highly popular, successful 11-18 mixed school with around 1100 students based in West London.
They are looking for a committed and professional individual whom be responsible for assisting the Network Manager in the efficient operation of all IT systems.
KEY DUTIES –
- To assist in the day to day running, maintenance and helpdesk duties of the IT systems.
- Assist in the management and security of networked systems
- Assist in the Maintenance and support of the day to day running of the Apple network
- Maintain and keep system documentation up-to-date
- Assist in the day to day running of the Schools Citrix environment
- Assist in the day to day use and management of Google Apps for Education
- Assist in the preparation, setup and management of AV equipment during School events
- Ensure the IT Service Desk is offering a quality support service to all end users through efficient and effective practices as directed by the Network Manager and Senior IT Technician.
- Perform standard IT Support duties including, but not limited to, unpacking, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing software, printers, projectors, AV & video editing equipment, peripherals, computers, and network components.
- Assist in the delivery of strategic IT Projects by working on assigned tasks as allocated by the Network Manager.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends.
- Research new technologies that can be used to provide tangible benefits for the delivery of teaching and learning.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT knowledge
- Ideal knowledge of Windows Server 2012, Windows Active Dictionary, Apple Macs, Citrix, Google Products
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Confident and social
5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English.
About the employer
Elthorne Park High School
You will also receive full training and support from the Just IT Apprenticeship team to increase your skills.
Your training will include gaining internationally recognised Level 3 IT qualifications such as;
- CompTIA A+
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
JUST I.T. TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Just I T Training Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017