Apprentice Warehouse and Stores Operative D H Stainless Limited
The company are looking for an apprentice with a positive attitude towards learning and a keen practical approach. As part of this role your duties will include: picking/packing orders, loading/unloading of wagons, machine operation duties as and when required (training will be provided).
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
11 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties could include but are not limited to:
- Receiving and signing for deliveries from suppliers.
- Checking deliveries against paperwork.
- Receiving collected goods from suppliers.
- Sorting and accurately distributing goods into warehouse locations.
- Picking orders in logistics operations.
- Checking orders against paperwork.
- Preparing orders for shipping via couriers, ensuring accurate paperwork.
- Palletising orders.
- Loading orders onto/off vehicles.
- Using equipment to move goods in logistics operations.
- Checking stock levels and stock records.
- Developing effective working relationships with colleagues in logistics operations.
Requirements and prospects
- Have an understanding of good manufacturing practice
- Have good English language/numerical skills
- Have a knack for solving problems
- Be a committed team player
- Be hard working and reliable
- Have a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Be a team player
- Be organised
- A positive attitude to learning
Minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
As part of the interview process, Apprentices will undertake an initial Guroo assessment for Maths and English and also complete a short written assessment.
Applicants who do not meet the exact entry requirements may also be considered and are invited to apply.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Warehousing and Storage
- Functional Skills Level 1/2- Maths
- Functional Skills Level 1/2- English
Warehousing and Storage
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017