Property Support Services Business Admin Apprentice MAINSTAY GROUP LIMITED
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to build a career with one of the country’s leading Property Asset Management organisations. It will enable an Apprentice to learn all aspects of the business as well as becoming proficient in all administrative areas of the organisation.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main purpose of the job:
This is a varied role, which provides an excellent opportunity to work at all levels across the business and to play a key role in the delivery of time-sensitive information to internal and external stakeholders, through the timely provision of efficient and effective administrative support in line with the Corporate Strategy.
Main working relationships:
Executive Directors, Health and Safety Advisors, HOFs, Business Unit Managers, Contract Managers, representatives of key suppliers, Client representatives and Regional Property Teams.
Nature and Scope:
Mainstay Residential Limited manages residential properties owned by its clients across England and Wales. A team of dedicated Property Managers and Support Staff carries out the day-to-day management of these properties. The Property Support Services department provides assistance to the Regional Property Teams in aspects of this management, ranging from Health and Safety reporting, through to Insurance and Company Secretarial support.
The role will cover a broad range of Property Support Services-related areas, with a particular focus on company secretarial, insurance, health and safety and the Mainstay Open Award Framework matters.Principal accountabilities centres on the provision of accurate and timely administrative/clerical support to the department as a whole, governed by a system of established procedures, regulation and legislation.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBLITIES
- Company Secretarial Administrative Support
- Ombudsman/FTT Administrative Support
- Mainstay Open Award Framework Administrative Support
- RMC Handover Administrative Support
- Insurance Administrative Support
- General Administrative Support
Company Secretarial Administration
To assist with the fulfilment of statutory secretarial obligations where Mainstay (Secretaries) Limited is instructed to act as Corporate Secretary for RMCs (Resident Management Companies) to include:-
- Issue and Filing of AP01/TM01 Company House forms;
- Updating Share/Membership Registers and the issue/recording of replacement Share/Membership Certificates;
- Preparation and tracking of AGM documentation;
- Maintaining the QUBE Co-Sec Tab/Master Appointments Spreadsheet for all properties where Mainstay (Secretaries) Limited is appointed;
- Compilation and Filing of Annual Returns;
- Providing general company secretarial support;
RMC Handover Administration
To assist with the administration of the RMC Handover process, to include:
- Drafting and issue of recruitment letters
- Maintaining and Circulation of the RMC Handover spreadsheet
Co-ordination of FTT/Ombudsman Cases
Under the direction of the Property Support Services Administrator assist with the:
- Compilation of FTT/Ombudsman packs in line with Tribunal/Ombudsman instructions;
- Facilitating the final outcomes of Tribunal/Ombudsman cases;
- Updating and maintain statistical data for the monthly Executive Board Meetings.
Mainstay Open Award Framework Administrative Support
Under the direction of the Property Support Services Director assist with the administration of the various management systems that support the key activity of learning and development opportunities delivered through the Mainstay Open Award Framework to include:
- Setting up training sessions; using the Eventbrite booking system, signposting learners to appropriate training course information
- Support trainers in developing/printing training support packages;
- Preparation of relevant learning and development statistics;
Insurance Administration Support
Under the direction of the Property Support Services Co-ordinator, assist with the fulfilment of statutory insurance regulations/obligations and requirements for schemes managed by Mainstay Group Limited, to include:-
- Updating the central insurance declaration/QUBE database and Tenant Portal to ensure accurate insurance records are maintained.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of external insurance renewal documentation associated with with managed properties where a third party is liable for the provision of insurances;
- Scanning, Recording and Filing of Insurance Renewal Certificates/Invoices and Policy Documents
General Administration Support
- Provide day to day administrative support to members of the Property Support Services Team, as and when required.
- Sign-post internal customers to the support available in respect to policies, procedures and management information, as required;
- Respond proactively to general enquiries;
- Identify and make recommendations for continuous improvements in processes such as developing consistent, standardised reporting;
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as notified by the Property Support Services Director and/or the Property Support Services Co-ordinator.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- Ability to develop an understanding of strategic business requirements
- Pro-active personal organisational style
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills - ability to 'multi-task'
- Familiar with the use of Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, PowerPoint)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer literate with the ability to rapidly gain a good understanding of unfamiliar computing systems.
The successful candidate will need:
- Focussed upon customer service and producing work of a consistently high standard
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise workload and to meet tight deadlines
- Professional Integrity
- Committed, positive and proactive approach to work
- Flexible, committed attitude with a real desire to succeed and progress.
Desire and ability to develop high level administration and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
To apply for this position, you will need:
- 5 GCSE's A-C (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business & Administration
- Functional skills in English, Maths & IT at level 1
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employee rights and responsibilities.
Business and Administration
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearse 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017