Apprentice Professional Chef Corbin & King
Corbin & King Restaurant Group is looking for an Apprentice Chef to be part of the team at one of London's most loved restaurants, Brasserie Zedel. We are looking for an apprentice to join our team of chefs at Corbin & King. You will be an important part of the team working towards your Professional Cookery qualification.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
£300.00 - £337.50
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to join our team of chefs at Corbin & King. You will be an important part of the team working towards your Professional Cookery qualification. With little experience, you will be guided by the senior members of the team. You will learn a lot very quickly and become an important part of the team.
- As an Apprentice Chef you will be working within a brigade of 40 skilled Chefs in a large well equipped kitchen. Your development will be overseen by the Head Chef and Sous Chefs, who have years of expertise in the industry.
- Work closely with Commis Chefs and supporting the Chef De Parties to ensure the high standards of preparation is met also the section that you will be working in is ready for lunch or dinner service. Seasonal ingredients will be used to the highest quality which you will be learning about.
- Working in and serving classical brasserie style French cuisine for up to 500 covers per week.
- 12 months’ apprenticeship. Learning new culinary skills and preparation and cooking various dishes.
- Working in various sections of the kitchen – Larder, Sauce, Grill, Fish, Garnish, and Pastry. So a good mix all-round.
- Meals on duty and dining discounts in all our restaurants.
- Discounts on gym memberships, haircuts, kitchen knives, hotel stays and more.
- Annual travel season ticket loans.
- Huge social events and company parties.
- Training courses and trips to meet our suppliers.
- Employee recognition awards.
Requirements and prospects
Previous experience within a kitchen environment is an advantage. However, we are happy to engage with candidates who has a keen passion for the industry and wants to develop and build a career. A candidate who is full of enthusiasm to succeed. A candidate that is motivation to become a successful chef is vital.
We are looking for passionate people that are willing to work hard and who are eager to learn new skills from talented chefs with years of expertise in the restaurant industry. Must have can do and adaptable attitude.
GCSE's English/Maths A-C or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 1)
- Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 1)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Catering and Professional Chefs
LEWISHAM SOUTHWARK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lewisham College
Daniel Jeffries 020 7659 9327 Daniel.Jeffries@CorbinKing.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017