Painting and Decorating Apprentice,Derbyshire PEOPLE POTENTIAL POSSIBILITIES
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Carry out pre and post inspections of occupied and empty properties alongside other staff to determine the extent of internal and external painting and decoration required.
- Having established the decoration need carry out the most cost effective and expedient preparation/repair/ application of decorative products with supervision.
- Carry out a range of external and internal painting and redecoration tasks in occupied and empty properties whilst achieving a durable and quality finish.
- Prepare and clean surfaces using hand-held power tools under supervision and the appropriate methods. This could include scraping, sanding, and “burning off” of loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture as necessary
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment, following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Carry out all necessary administrative work associated with the P3s requirements such as keeping accurate and timely records of all work completed.
- Liaise and work with all other trades providing technical advice as and when required under the guidance of line manager.
- To ensure all work is carried out in a safe, proper and thorough manner taking into account Health and safety legislation, P3s policies, procedures, risk assessments and method statements with support from line manager.
- To work safety at heights, internally and externally using appropriate access equipment.
- Work as part of the maintenance team to provide an effective and efficient service to clients.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision meetings, training, team development sessions and other meetings as required, reporting back to the team as appropriate.
- Undertake development activities as necessary and appropriate to the role.
- Foster the equality, diversity and rights of others by ensuring people are respected and valued as individuals
- Promote the rights and needs of people who use P3 services in the community.
- Work within the framework of P3’s equality and diversity policy at all times.
- Undertake such other duties and specialisms, as may be required from time to time to maintain or enhance P3's services.
- The employee may on occasions, and in necessary circumstances, be called upon to undertake work in other locations in order to ensure P3's obligations to clients are fulfilled.
- Undertake all duties in accordance with all P3 policies and work towards their continuing development and implementation.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
Skills and Abilities
- Must have effective communication skills
- Flexibility with regards to working unsociable hours
- Flexibility to travel throughout region with support from colleagues where necessary
- Ability to forward plan
Must be able to demonstrate the following values;
- Promotion of equality of opportunity
- Recognise and value all aspects of diversity
- Honest and reliable
Knowledge and Understanding
- An awareness of the needs of people who use our services
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements
- An interest in developing a good working knowledge of general property maintenance
- Willingness to Undertake a Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship
- GCSE Maths and English grade C and above or a willingness to study functional skills Level 2
Things to consider
About the employer
PEOPLE POTENTIAL POSSIBILITIES
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623 627 191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017