Hairdressing Apprentice Essence
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to undertake an apprenticeship in Hairdressing at a prestigious salon in Ferryhill.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will join the team of enthusiastic professional stylists catering to both men and women.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role will include:
• Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
• Making appointments for clients and assisting with reception duties
• Keeping the salon clean and tidy
• Stock management and placing orders
• You will learn how to mix colours and apply various colouring techniques, as well as cleanse and style the hair
• As your training progresses you will learn a variety of cutting and styling techniques
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
• You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision;
• Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role;
• You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach;
You must be organised and have good attention to detail
• You should be self-driven and an enthusiastic approach to work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing
• Having a helpful and friendly approach is essential
• A professional appearance is essential
• You should be interested in the Hairdressing industry
GCSE grades A to C in English and Maths (or equivalent) are an advantage but are not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will attend your local BL Centre one day per fortnight and work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing along with a technical certificate and Key Skills in Communication, Application of Number and IT if applicable. Full training will be given in the salon.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
BL Hairdressing Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BL Training (Durham)
Verity Griffiths 0191 261 9636 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017