Child Care Apprenticeship Giggling Monkeys Ltd
Giggling Monkeys are looking to take on a child care apprentice to join their team in Torpoint.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The successful apprentice will be ensuring the children’s emotional and development needs are met.
- You will be involved in a variety of tasks such as helping to organise play, projects and games and exercise. Along with this, you will be assisting with art and craft activities, helping with snack time and cleaning duties.
- You will need to take into consideration the individual needs of the children, respecting race, religion and culture and also have an awareness of social needs and be sympathetic to emotional needs.
- As a child care apprentice, you will be expected to play an active part in the development of the children in your care. You will support all abilities, helping every child reach their potential in all areas of learning – socially, intellectual, physical and emotional.
Requirements and prospects
- You must have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with children, parents and colleagues on a daily basis.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, energetic and able to work in a flexible way.
- Listen actively to children and respond with warmth and empathy.
- Along with this, you must understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You must be patient, reliable and hardworking. Team work is essential as you will become a member of a small, but dedicated team of professionals.
- You will also have a bright, bubbly personality which can create the warm, family environment welcomed within the nursery, by the children, families and staff.
- Qualifications are required for this role, including GCSE grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
About the employer
Giggling Monkeys was founded to move away from the large nursery chain establishments and to bring about the one to one care and connectivity every child deserves.
The company's own learning journey, to create a progressive play environment was generated by its passion to reconnect children with enjoyment, inquisitiveness and excitement. An environment allowing childhood to explore, art , play, music and nature.
The building layout and interior design creates the spaces for discovery, from the free flow rooms, sensory play zones, the ateliers, the art studio, the kitchen and the natures indoor room, each place captured the intrigue from children to engage and enjoy.
Giggling Monkeys Ltd
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017