Hairdressing Apprentice Daroma Hair
If you have a passion for hairdressing then this is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best stylist. Daroma hair are looking to take on two apprentices to join their busy salon in the Torquay area.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The right candidates need to be motivated and enthusiastic to assist stylists in delivering constantly high levels of service, and to ensure that company policies and procedures are carried out.
- As part of your duties you will participate in training sessions and work towards timely completion of your Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing.
- The candidates will be responsible to the Salon Manager, and will also work very closely with other stylists.
- You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness .
- You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients of all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
- You will be making sure that work stations are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- By assisting the salon manger and the stylists, you will gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career opportunity.
- You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training, and you must follow health and safety procedure in the salon.
Requirements and prospects
You will require good organisational and leadership skills, and be confident for this role. Ability to work under pressure, as well as good problem solving skills, and flexibility would help you in this role. You must be able to work well within a team and on your own. You need to be reliable and have good time keeping and attendance.
The successful candidates needs to be familiar with current trends within the hairdressing and fashion industry. You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing with a friendly personality, to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
You must be motivated and passionate to undertake this exciting opportunity, and progress in your chosen career.
Qualifications desirable for this role include A-E in English and Maths or the equivalent such as functional skills, but not essential as having the enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed are more important.
Through having completed the level 2 qualification in Hairdressing, you will then have the opportunity to progress onto the advanced Level 3 apprenticeship.
With the experience and the skills you have gained, you can use these to maximize the opportunities to further your career at the end of your apprenticeship programme.
The successful applicant could also look at progressing onto a barbering qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
The salons aim is to make their clients time with them as comfortable and enjoyable experience, they go the extra mile to meet individual needs and they are intent on making sure their clients feel special.The salon pride themselves on attention to detail and listening to you, the client so we they can consistently deliver the best solutions and most innovative suggestions for all your hair and beauty needs.
The salon is focused on delivering the best training programme for their apprentices and supply each apprentice with an individual training plan which Skills Group support.
The NVQ Apprenticeship in Hairdressing consists of;
- Level 2 Qualification in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Emergency First Aid
- Certificate in Health and Safety
- Internet Safety and Safeguarding
Other specialised skills and training will be provided by the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017