Carpentry Apprenticeship C Merren Ltd
Colin Merren Carpentry are looking to take on an apprentice to join their skilled workforce.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
09 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will:
- Learn how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out first and second fixing
- Know how to erect structural carcassing
- Carry out any maintenance work
- You will also work with timber frame and set up and operate electrical power tools
- During your time as an apprentice you will learn other aspects of the building and construction trade to enhance and develop your knowledge
Requirements and prospects
- You will have good communication skills and the ability to work well as a team as well as on your own initiative
- You will have good attention to detail and time management skills
- The job requires physical strength and you need to have good hard work ethic, motivation, focused and a strong desire to achieve
- The successful candidate does not need to have A*-E at GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent but this would be an advantage
- The successful candidate can work towards functional skills for this role
Things to consider
About the employer
C Merren Ltd
The Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations – Site Carpentry
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Whilst at our training centre you will learn the skills and gain experience that will help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the remainder will be practical.
As part of attending Skills Group for your apprenticeship we will also arrange for you to work towards achieving your CSCS on-line test giving you the opportunity to apply for your CSCS Card. This confirms that individuals working in the building environment have the necessary competence, to carry out site work with the employer.
In addition to your training, Skills Group will give you the opportunity to achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety certificates, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017