Business Administration Apprentice British Orienteering Federation Ltd
A great opportunity to gain practical experience within all areas of business administration.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Day to day administration of the National Office
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries
- Use and updating of web-based membership database
- Correspondence with members, member groups, clubs, associations, athletes, coaches etc.
- Processing new memberships including processing payments and updating systems
- Production of letters, forms and other member communications
- Sort and distribute mail including franking post
- Photocopying and printing as requested
- Filing both paper and electronic
- Ordering stationary
Administration tasks delegated by Administrator
- Completion of admin tasks delegated by Administrator
- Feedback on progress and completion of tasks to Administrator
- Providing administration support to the British Orienteering governance structure:
- Support Administrator in organisation of British Orienteering General Meetings
- Support Administrator in organisation of Board meetings
- Provide support to other governance meetings in the booking of venues and distribution of minutes and papers as required
- Providing administrative support to British Orienteering departments e.g. performance, marketing, development etc... as directed by Administrator
- Coaching tasks including, production and distribution of coaching packs, coaching licensing admin, supporting delivery of Teaching Orienteering courses
- Mailings of materials produced
- Provide administration support to Events Manager and Participation Managers as required
- Manage the day to day administering of the web sites
- Provide administration support to other British Orienteering departments as required
- Other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as determined by the Administrator
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy including email
- Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Organisation skills
- Excellent Listening skills
- Team Player
- Experience of participating in orienteering or another sport desirable but not essential
- Flexible and adaptable
- GCSE A*-C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
About the employer
British Orienteering Federation Ltd
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
- Functional Skills if required
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Emma Elhassan firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017