Business Administration Apprenticeship North Beckton Primary School
You will earn while you learn the role of an Office Administrator in a school. You’ll be based in the school office as part of the administration team and you will assist pupils, teachers and other staff with administration support.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Office Admin role is full time, term time only so 39 weeks working 44 weeks including annual leave. The National School Apprenticeship programme presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout the apprenticeship and ongoing support from the school.
Working as an Office Administrator you’ll provide support to pupils, teachers and other non-teaching staff with administration responsibilities. This will include creating documents using Microsoft Office, filing and sending documents by email and post. You’ll need excellent communication skills as you will regularly answer the office phone and liaise with members for the public and staff regarding school-related enquiries. You’ll also need a good attention to detail to ensure your work is accurate.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll achieve the nationally recognised Business Administration qualification as well as valuable work experience that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within a school or business. A School Secretary can earn between £15,000 and £22,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities; -
- File documents, transport paperwork and resources (including post) within the school premises.
- Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
- Liaise with members of the public, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development
Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Business and Administration
NATIONAL SCHOOLS TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by National Schools Training Ltd
Josie Hodkinson 08443760157 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017