Apprentice Warehouse Assistant, Birmingham REECE CYCLES PLC
Join this cycle importer as part of their warehouse to ensure every customer is given a first class stock experience. Working within the warehouse you will have the opportunity to liaise with all departments including the field sales staff, customer service staff and other staff members.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include:
- Picking orders
- Packing orders
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Heavy lifting of stock items and deliveries
- Preparing goods for dispatch
- Operating packing machinery
You will have 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process
Requirements and prospects
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English,2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Things to consider
About the employer
REECE CYCLES PLC
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799
Logistics and Supply Chain > Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Reece Hunt 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017