IT Technician Apprentice Valley Park Community School
As a member of the associate staff within the school, you will work to help maintain a vital set of resources for staff and students. The applicant will work closely with the network manager and IT technician to develop skills and understanding to support them to achieve a future technician post.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
07 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The role will be as a member of associate staff within the school, working in the IT office and around the school to maintain staff and student devices to promote effective teaching and learning.
The post holder will report on a day to day basis to the network manager and be supported in the role by an Assistant Headteacher with experience in the IT field. This position will give the candidate communication skills, as well as developing technical understanding which could be transferrable to any workplace.
The role will allow the candidate to develop valuable skills such as recognising the importance of attention to detail, reflection and review of the success of events and quality assurance. Training in other aspects of wider school life will also be available through the staff professional development programme.
- Providing first line of support to staff and students in troubleshooting usability issues.
- Communicate with staff, parents and students effectively to promote the positive use of technology in the classroom.
- Accurately log equipment faults and liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software faults, working with experienced staff for support.
- Perform routine maintenance of, unpack and install IT equipment.
- To support the development of documentation by logging work carried out to solve problems.
- Assist the network manager to perform routine maintenance and development of the network as appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of installation and maintenance of networking equipment
- Understanding of basic text-based programming
- Good organisational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work to and meet demanding deadlines
- Willing to learn a variety of skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Maintain a professional and polite manner
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.
You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
The qualifications consist of:
- Level 3 Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2017