Network Engineer Apprentice Fathom It (Hale) Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer with Fathom IT, based in the Manchester area. This role requires the candidate to have an experienced background dealing with cabling and telecommunications.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
07 Aug 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Planning network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishing voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
- Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems.
- Building ironwork and ladder racks.
- Programming features.
- Establishing connections and integrations.
- Following industry standards.
- Activating remote access tools.
- Coordinating with contractors.
- Verifying service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documenting network by labelling and routing equipment and cables.
- Recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages.
- Testing network back-up procedures.
- Updating documentation.
- Maintaining customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Requirements and prospects
- Telecommunications Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Knowledge
- Telecommunications Technologies
- Technical Understanding
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Verbal Communication
- Documentation Skills
- Audio-visual Maintenance
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Fathom It (Hale) Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Business Processes & Networking Fundamentals
- Network Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Network Security
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Required only if learner is not A+ certified)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Network Engineer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133500333 Honor.Greenwood@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017