Hairdressing Apprentice Matthew Lewis Hairdressing
An apprentice hairdresser is required for this busy and popular salon in Saffron Walden town. The salon serves a wide variety of clients and the candidate will learn from working on a diverse clientele and with a professional team of stylists.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An apprentice hairdresser is required for this busy and popular salon in Saffron Walden town. The salon serves a wide variety of clients and the candidate will learn from working on a diverse clientèle and with a professional team of stylists.
As a apprentice you will learn how to work within a small professional team, all skills will be taught at the salon and at college. Good hair care skills take time and practice to develop and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn along with flair and a desire to develop skill in design and styling.
Responsibilities will include a wide range of salon duties, depending upon experience.
Requirements and prospects
No core skills are required to start this training. However, a successful candidate will be trained to demonstrate:
- Professionalism and a passion for the industry.
- To have a commitment to quality.
- A positive attitude and team working.
- Work under pressure.
- Observe time management and self-management.
- Show a willingness to learn.
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard.
- Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance.
- Observe professional rules and standards.
- Patient, good coordination and a passion for the latest styles and developing new on-trend styles.
- A love of general fashion is important as is a friendly customer-focused personality.
- No formal qualifications are required.
- However, apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Things to consider
About the employer
Hairdressers will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair for ladies and men. Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair. They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
The training will be both in the salon and at Harlow College working towards an Level 2 Hair Professional Diploma. Full details of the Standard are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-standard-hair-professional
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harlow College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017