Level 3 Beauty Apprenticeship K Spa
Will have to deal with clientele from all walks of life and varying ages. k:SPA would like someone who is eager to learn and can fit well within a team. Candidate must be able to travel to work on time due to the office being based in a rural location with limited public transport.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
11 Aug 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Beauty Therapists may perform a variety of different tasks in the course of a working day, including: Conducting skin analysis and advising clients on skin and body care. Performing facial massages, body massages and treatments. Also including spa therapy, reflexology and aromatherapy.
- Give a facial by cleansing, massaging and toning a client’s skin
- Give a makeover by applying and advising on make-up. Shape eyebrows colour eyelashes give a manicure, pedicure or other nail treatments. This could be extensions and nail art, remove unwanted facial and body hair
- Give massage treatments
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to explain procedures clearly to clients
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to sell products and earn commission
- Business awareness
- Talents for applying nail art and make-up
- Must look professional and be comfortable dealing with clients of all levels and be able to work as a team
- A friendly and welcoming manner the ability to make clients feel relaxed
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills
For this level Apprenticeship A-C in Maths and English is requested, with an ICT qualification considered an advantage, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the framework
Confident application of English is critical to this role.
Must have a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Bespoke off the job to meet the need of the framework delivered at the College site
- Regular visit and support from the assessor on the workplace
- NVQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy
- Functional Skills (If required)
- ERR Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- PLTS – Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Maisie Holder 01329 815353 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017