Administration Apprentice (Library Assistant) British Geological Survey
The successful candidate will work in our library within our head office and will work with and help promote the extensive BGS physical and electronic library collections.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017
£207.20 - £260.85
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working as part of a small team providing a professional library enquiry service to BGS staff and external visitors and liaising with staff across BGS on library service provision and needs. You will be working with and helping to promote the extensive BGS library physical and electronic collections.
You should have experience of working in a customer-focused environment and have good oral and written communication skills. The post involves significant team working, therefore you should be able to work effectively with others and have good time management and organisational skills.
Your day to day duties will be:
- To catalogue and edit records in the library management system OLIB.
- To assist with providing a professional library enquiry service to BGS staff and external visitors, dealing with incoming library enquiries in person and by phone.
- To assist with the work on the BGS compliance with the RCUK Open Access Policy, and work with the institutional repository NORA (NERC Open Research Archive).
- To support internal colleagues and contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
Additional day to day tasks may also include:
- Administrative duties.
- Logging equipment in and out.
- Other duties relevant to the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word. MS Access would be useful but not essential.
- Good communication skills, ideally with experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Flexible approach.
- An effective team player.
- Approachable and personable.
- Able to express themselves clearly and concisely.
- Can demonstrate an interest in the work of BGS and NERC.
- Can demonstrate an interest in their own development.
- Grade A-C or equivalent in Maths and English.
- An interest in Science would be useful but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
British Geological Survey
- Business Administration Level Two.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required).
Business and Administration
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Zoe Hayes 0115 9596720 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017