Carpentry Level 2 Apprentice COWLEY`S BUILDING & MAINTENANCE LIMITED
The business are looking to recruit a Level 2 Apprentice to help support the business. Applicants must have previous experience within the Carpentry sector. You will attend the PGL Training centre for training one day a week. The business will support you throughout the Apprenticeship in conjunction with PGL Training as the Training Provider.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
07 Aug 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include:
- Cutting timber, skirting boards and fit wooden structures, like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings).
- You may also install skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings).
- Your duties will include handling and storing materials ready for use, assisting trade professionals and maintaining high levels of health and safety on site.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and well-being.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Repairs and refurbishes existing building work.
- Orders building materials as needed.
- Working on commercial and domestic work.
- Renovations work.
- First Fix work when jobs come up.
- Complying with health and safety.
- Communication with customers.
- Completing job sheets.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Good written English Skills.
- Smart and presentable.
- Goof use of measurements.
- Be aware of Health and Safety in the workplace and be prepared to listen, follow instructions and take guidance from experienced professionals.
- Good team player.
- Good time keeping.
- You should have a positive attitude and be keen with an eagerness to learn.
- You must be prepared to listen and follow instructions.
- A good work ethic is essential.
- Polite and kind.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Good practical skills.
- Eager and passionate.
Applicants will need to have a Level 1 qualification in Carpentry.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupation
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 2
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today